market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] tomato seedlings

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Alliums <garlicgrower AT earthlink.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] tomato seedlings
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 10:32:20 -0400

Marie wrote:

I have about 500 little tomato plants up in the hoop house and the underneath of every plant and the stems looks purple. What's the matter with them or is this normal?

Yes, it's normal lack of phosphorus due to quick growing. Add some bone meal to each plant and they will be fine (I usually add bone meal to the tomato's potting soil to prevent this).

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of