market-farming - [Market-farming] evaporative cooling in humid areas?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "van weldon" <woodduckfarm AT ev1.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] evaporative cooling in humid areas?
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 07:27:16 -0500

Considering the installation of an evaporative cooling system for a 48' x 3O
'propagaton house.

My local GH equipment supplier gave me a price of about $23OO for two
exhaust fans, the EC system and pads. He said I should expect a 1O to 12 F
degree differential.

Curious to ask those of you with EC systems in hot humid areas, what type of
temp. differentials have you experienced during the July/August timeframes?

Do you get the same amount of temp. drawdown at night as well, i.e. when it
is 71 outside, can I expect the low 6O's in the EC greenhouse?

Any thoughts on no EC system, just 2 good exhaust fans, along with HAF fans,
and shade cloth?

FYI I live about 45 miles north of humid Houston.

Thanks,

Van