market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] VA location

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leigh Hauter <lh AT pressroom.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] VA location
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 22:51:45 -0400

Allan (and anybody else in VA who's interested),

I had to pull out the old Rand McNally to see where you are even though I've
been up and down 66 plenty. I noticed a town between Middleburg and The
Plains called Halfway and had to laugh. I reckon you sell in DC?

I guess Allan and I, if you take the back roads are about 6 miles from each other. Halfway is no longer a town, the store is boarded up. But, along with the arrogance of this area, is is about halfway between Middleburg and 'the Plains' Mostly horse estates and vineyards. "The Plains" is currently mostly owned by a billionaire liberalish woman who cares about organic farming and her lifestyle. Before that it was mostly owned by a billionaire publisher who cares about..... money and his lifestyle. Middleburg is the home of the extremely rich and not so famous and a weekend destination for DC ites who want to see a 'quaint' horse country village complete with overpriced jewelry and clothes stores. Allan can speak for himself and but I mostly sell to DC though we have been steadily moving our subscriber base, as the population moves this way, closer to home.
--