market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] roll up sides on greenhouse

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Larry Haftl" <larry AT larryhaftl.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] roll up sides on greenhouse
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 23:03:26 -0700

> I did think about doing this but didn't. What I tried was 1" PVC pipe and
> taping the plastic to the pipe but dampness loosened the tape. No good!!!!

My cloche frame is 3/4" PVC. I made the clips from 1" PVC, lay the plastic
sheeting around the frame of the cloche and then snap the clip over it
trapping the plastic sheeting between the outside of the 3/4" tube and the
inside of the 1" tube/clip. The only problem is if you don't get the edges
of the slot smooth it will have a tendency (not always) to cut through the
plastic as you snap the clip over it and the 3/4" tube. The width of the
slot was about 1/2" or so.

Larry Haftl
larry AT larryhaftl.com
http://LarryHaftl.com