market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] roll up sides on greenhouse

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Larry Haftl" <larry AT larryhaftl.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] roll up sides on greenhouse
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 18:43:20 -0700

> The greenhouse plastic will work and hold up. At least they are on our
> tunnels. We roll them up about 3' on one tunnel and only 2' on the other.
My
> problem is finding a good cheap way of fastening them to the rod.
> Ernie

Have you thought of using "clips" made of PVC tubing with an inside diameter
slightly bigger than the diameter of the rod? I make the clips by cutting 4"
long pieces form a 10' tube, cut a slot out lenghtwise, sand the edges
smooth and use them to hold the plastic on my tunnel cloche. Get about 30
from a $2 tube (plus labor).

Larry Haftl
larry AT larryhaftl.com
http://LarryHaftl.com