market-farming - [Market-farming] Hoophouse rain run-off

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: pam AT twinoaks.org
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Hoophouse rain run-off
  • Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 14:19:54 -0400

We will be putting up a 30' x 96' gothic
hoophouse later this year, so first we need to
prep the site. What can folks advise about
making earth berms/swales to carry away
the rain run-off?
How high? How wide? How planted?
Any good or bad experiences to relate? We
get about 43" rain in a normal year (ha ha),
farily evenly distributed through the year (in
theory)
Pam Dawling
Twin Oaks, central Virginia, zone 6b