market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Market Truck and Quinoa

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Elaine Granata" <ecgranat AT ouray.cudenver.edu>
  • To: <bob AT akasha.net>, "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Market Truck and Quinoa
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 10:09:07 -0600

All: I've responded to Shelly off line, but, must put in a plug for quinoa.
You have to rinse it first to get the saponin (bitter stuff) off of it.
Cook it 2:1 water to grain and its fluffy and has a nutty flavor. Very high
in protein and essential amino acids, surpassed only by amaranth.

John McCamant of Denver has been growing it for years in the San Luis Valley
in CO.

Elaine
Denver