market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Eggplant and flea beatles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: BRosholdt <rosholdt AT erols.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Eggplant and flea beatles
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 20:23:28 -0500

> From: IdleThymeFarm AT aol.com
> Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Eggplant and flea beatles

> >Peaceful Valley's Good Bug Blend<
> Bouquet Dill works really well to attract beneficials and trap unwanted
> pests. A trick that I learned from an old organic farmer (30+ years of
> growing experience).

Dill is a wonderful attractor of beneficials, but in order to cover the
season, you need a variety of "good gal" supporters - that is why I
recommended the Good Bug Blend, however some of those ARE perennials.
Speaking of ATTRA, anyone interested in a lot of good free info on
attracting the bene bugs should check out the link from ATTRA on
Farmscaping:

http://attra.ncat.org/attra-pub/farmscape.html

Lucy, you have a bunch of practical ideas!

Gosh Marlin, ouch [about the commercial chicken manure]! It sure gives
me some food for thought about utilizing regular commercial farm manure
or compost unless I can get an analysis of it. Sodium is not usually a
problem out east.

Currently, I'm getting my Persimmons and Paw Paws planted.

Barbara R
The Dome Farm