market-farming - [Market-farming] Spanish

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Hook Family" <guldann AT ix.netcom.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Spanish
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 14:22:17 -0500

My best friend speaks fluent Spanish and has a house in Mexico. I have been
lucky enough to visit 3 times and I enjoy attempting to speak Spanish. I
took some French in High School and noted some of the words were similar.
But I wanted to improve. I took a ten week (one evening a week)
conversational Spanish class. I found it very helpful. My friend however
lives far away and I don't use the Spanish much. But if I did or even
studied my text book I'd probably be better.

If you took a language (one similar to Spanish, French or Italian) in high
school or college you will understand some of the basics. Things are
masculine and feminine and verbs are conjugated.

You will need some basic vocabulary for the work place and a few verbs. How
about one of those little gadgets at Radio Shack that translates think they
are about $30.

This issue of Growing for Market had a small article about non English
speaking workers. Essentially be polite learn phrases like "speak slowly"
or please repeat :).
Beth