market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] web pages

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "jay gee" <jgj23 AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] web pages
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 16:54:34 -0800 (PST)

Larry Haftl wrote:

>> If you get 50 unique visitors to your web site per
>> day, that is a healthy amount. It is not uncommon
>> for selling focused web sites to convert 50% of
>> the search referred traffic they get into purchasers.
>
>Could you tell me where you got that information?

Direct product marketers I am acquainted with
often achieve these percentages.

No, I am not going to tell you who they are.

If you know it can be done, it is something to
shoot for. I am telling you it can be done.

It takes a combination of marketing ingredients
to achieve high conversion rates, starting at
concept inception.

There are no simple rules for getting there.
It takes a lot of testing and tweaking which
entails a lot of time or money. And, as is
often the case, what works in one situation
does not always work in the next.

Lots of people can take your temperature,
few can operate on your brain so that you
recover. Brain surgeons don't trade for
their expertise.

Jay Gee
not a farmer - but interested in farming