market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] web pages

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mckemie AT access4less.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] web pages
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 13:19:12 -0600

> should be directed to keeping our current customers connected (perhaps a
> monthly email newsletter).

My experience is that a mail list is far more productive than a web
site. A web site, however, is a great way to sign up subscribers to
your mail list. This, assuming that you are not doing mail order.
Here are some suggestions to keep subscribers, that is, to avoid
annoying them:
Do not send to them too frequently or in great volume; avoid sending
photos or other voluminous attachments; protect their privacy, do not
expose their addresses (if you are not doing a real mail list, put
addresses in Bcc:); take extreme care not to pass them viruii or worms.

--
Willie Time for a Kurdish state?
Are YOU an html abuser? http://www.expita.com/nomime.html