market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Coleman Xtreme Cooler

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: michaele blakely <mjb AT premier1.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Coleman Xtreme Cooler
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 08:13:42 -0800

WSU did a research project comparing different coolers with various cuts of meats in order to meet King County requirements to sell frozen meats at the farmers markets in King County.

The Coleman Extreme exceeded necessary requirments and it is now one of the only two allowed for use at our markets for selling frozen meat and fish products. The other cooler is an Igloo, I don't recall the exact name.

I use several and maintain temps that never go above 15 degrees. Temps will go up that high when I am at an afternoon market, on pavement and the temps are upper 80's /low 90's.

Michaele
Growing Things
Carnation Wa