market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] ventilation fans, economy?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Nan Johnson" <nan AT olemiss.edu>
  • To: <woodduckfarm AT ev1.net>, "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] ventilation fans, economy?
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 11:30:08 -0800

YES, we have used them in our greenhouse here at the university all last
winter- the cheapo ones from WalMart (or whatever) - ran day and night - on
medium or low, for months and months, no problem.

We are now hanging them up again and they are just humming along (we hung
them upside down so we could reach controls) I water daily so ran the
orange extension cord are run along ceiling of greenhouse.....can't
gaurantee it meets all electrical codes in all states, but no one here has
complained (hah! -this is mississippi - you can do whatever you want!)

Really made a difference in temp difference between front and back of 90
foot greenhouse - we ran two blowing down one side and two blowing down the
other side in opposite directions..............We also have regular big
venting fans, but we keep these on regardless.

nan j.
dancing goats farm
zone 7b, n.mississippi