market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] ventilation fans, economy?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <awiediger AT HART.k12.ky.us>
  • To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] ventilation fans, economy?
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 11:19:31 -0600

Just another thing to look at: we have two HAF fans in a commercial
greenhouse that my parents built 10 years ago, and we just moved to our
farm. The fans have run almost non-stop during that period, and we have
replaced one fan motor (pretty cheap part). They also move a lot of air
compared to house fans - if circulation is critical, you might want to
compare cfm ratings. So, they are pretty expensive up-front, but they last
a really long time. My Grandaddy used to say "cheap is cheap" and sometime,
for some situations, he was right. On the other hand, for a temporary
installation, house fans might be just the ticket.

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm