market-farming - [Market-farming] seed starting

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Hook Family" <guldann AT ix.netcom.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] seed starting
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 06:47:06 -0500

Why can't one start seeds in the cells and stay there until it's
transplanting time? That's what I plan to do.

Marie in Missouri

Marie, Have you ever done this before and was it successful? If yes
disregard my 2ยข :). A few things will do ok with one planting things that
will not stay in the cell packs all that long. I don't think I will move my
onions and leeks from their original abode. Some flowers started 4-6 wks
before putting out don't necessarily need repotting such as marigolds,
zinnias, cosmos.
But eggplant, peppers, and tomatoes especially tomatoes seem to need to be
planted up into bigger pots to avoid being leggy (light is a factor as
well). The plants are then nice and big to be put outside.

Anyone have success planting once then into the garden? Beth