market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Relational/Network Marketing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Don Palmer <berryman70 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Relational/Network Marketing
  • Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 20:45:23 -0800 (PST)

--- Dave Lilligren <dave AT lilligren.com> wrote:
> Dear Friends:
>
> How many folks on this list have done well through
> word-of-mouth marketing?
Hello,
We feel that word of mouth marketing is the best
there is, but also the slowest when just starting out.
You have to have lots of satisfied customers to spread
the word, and the more you have the more it compounds.
We use our local penny savers with 2" x 4" box ads
with our farm name in bold letters at the top of every
ad no matter what we're promoting at the time. We
always have a coming soon ad a few weeks before and
all though the season of our major crops
(Strawberries, Sweetcorn and Pumpkins) It cost money
but the returns out weigh the cost. People have to
know you are there before they can tell others about
you.
Don Palmer-western NY
Palmer's Fruits & Vegetables
www.palmersfarm.com