market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: virus protection

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Del Williams" <delannw AT dlogue.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: virus protection
  • Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 10:55:16 -0600

Guess I like Norton but maybe it's old habit. Norton has never done me
wrong. Norton helped me so easily with the Kakworm (came from just reading
an email with no files to open) and I did have to manually remove the
virus. I don't like going in to alter fundamental system files but Norton's
instructions were excellent. The Kakworm was new when I bought that
computer. I got the Worm because I was impetuous about trying the system
without virus protection in place.

That is as dumb as trying sex without protection. Oh well. AT least it's
just a hard drive and not my reproductive system or my personal health.

Maybe I just like nerds with a face. I have Norton on 4 machines. A 386DX
(mainly DOS), a 486 (WIN95), a Pentium 3 (WIN98SE), and a Pentium 4 laptop
running Windows 2000. Norton has never failed me. So I stick with them.
Maybe I'm a geek and I appreciate geeks.

Who cares? They have a good interface and great support when you are
thinking... oh God, don't ask me to alter those files... will I crash and
burn? Well, I ended up with clean machines. So, Norton is my choice.

I wish contraception was this foolproof. At 46 I don't want any mistakes.
Not for me or my nice computers. They have always done me well too as long
as I was maintaining them well.

Del Williams
Clifton, IL