market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Customer Information Sign Questions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Don Palmer <berryman70 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Customer Information Sign Questions
  • Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 19:20:33 -0800 (PST)

__

Rick Williams <mrfarm AT frontiernet.net> wrote:

1. When we do have berries in season, we have had a few people do pick your
own. We only had a little extra that could be picked so it is not that we
need to sell more than a few dozen pounds a week in season. So we are
thinking of including a sign for those days that we are open for picking by
the public.

Have many of you had much good luck with just putting up such as sign?

What kind of sign do you think is most successful in attracting customers:
"PICK YOUR OWN," or "PICK UR OWN," or "U-PICK," or "U-PIK," or any other
suggestion?

Hello, At the start of our u-pick strawberry season we put up two 3' x 10' banners, they show up real well and are good attention getters. You can find a good selection of banners at Indiana Berry/produce promotions at: http://www.inberry.com/producepromotionsmain.html

Don Palmer

Palmer's Fruits & Vegetables

http://www.palmersfarm.com