market-farming - re: CSA

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Pete, Judi & Shania" <corbettj AT computer-products.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: re: CSA
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 09:40:24 -0500

I was selling fresh cut herbs and vermiculture at the Farmers markets so I really have no idea of what veggies would do. I tried to sell some but really did not do well with them or my cut flowers. So this would actually be selling stuff that I keep growing with no market and to much for us to eat!!!

Pick your own for some crops sounds good!! I am about 10 miles from a small city, the other CSA that I learned about would be about the same just on a different angle, it is about 5 minutes from me.

Figured the eggs could be included in the veggies as it is something that is low cost and variables like veggies as well as something that most people use. But I could do it separately. I don't think I would get many Vegetarians or vegans since I do raise the animals fro meat. I figure that meat is to expensive and some who want pork may want a side or a whole one? Some may or may not want rabbit or duck.

Well what I was figure is first thing I was going to do is go after my pork customers. :-) I was figuring that until I can move to my land (and hubby really has no desire yet) I will have to make due with a garden of about 1/2 to 3/4 of an acre. So I will have to stay small.

Judi Corbett
http://gtigaan.tripod.com - Rabbits, Vermiculture, Herbs, and more
http://drcba.tripod.com/drcba.html - Canadian rabbit and cavy club

  • CSA, Pete, Judi & Shania, 11/10/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • CSA, Hook Family, 11/11/2002
    • re: CSA, Pete, Judi & Shania, 11/12/2002
    • re: CSA, Lucy Goodman, 11/13/2002