market-farming - re: Meat at CSA

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Pete, Judi & Shania" <corbettj AT computer-products.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: re: Meat at CSA
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 13:35:26 -0500

Well I thought it was business partners but it may have been the other kind of partner. I don't really know, but they were farm partners for sure and they lived on the other woman's farm. I understand than this woman will be taking it over the farm. But I do know the other persons ex-husband. I DON'T KNOW!!

We both grow organically and I really had no idea that they were doing a CSA until the funeral time. I had just kept hearing some of the other 'Farmers Market people' tell me that they were just over at their farm, or got something at their farm. The one that died was our market manager and the other one took over managing it. They have been running the CSA together for 5 or 6 years now and the first one built it with her ex and I don't know if he still owns a part? Hey with recently grieving people, you don't want to ask too many questions.

I would be selling my meat the same way as I do at the moment and that would be when ready, after the butcher is done with them, not all through the season, but they could watch them grow. I am actually going to start to prospect my meat customers for the CSA. What I figured was so much for veggies, eggs,flowers, fruit and herbs. Than so much figured in for a side of Pork (smoking on top of it), so much per chicken so much per duck, so much per rabbits. All dressed, inspected and picked up here (or at butcher for the pork) when I get them back from the butchers or what ever.

Do I make sense??? Does this sound like the right idea. Please everyone keep tossing in these great ideas, I am making notes and keeping track of what everyone is saying. I am learning so much.

Judi Corbett
http://gtigaan.tripod.com - Rabbits, Vermiculture, Herbs, and more
http://drcba.tripod.com/drcba.html - Canadian rabbit and cavy club

  • Meat at CSA, gutierrez-lagatta, 11/11/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • re: Meat at CSA, Pete, Judi & Shania, 11/12/2002