market-farming - RE: Bale unrollers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: HackettShark AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: RE: Bale unrollers
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 13:36:33 EST

In a message dated 11/6/02 10:39:17 AM Central Standard Time, kampy AT grm.net writes:

We have an old hammer mill in the shed that runs off PTO.  Would that be suitable to grind hay?  My dad used to grind corn with it.

There are guy's all over the country that have grinders called tub grinder.  It takes a big grinder to grind up a big bale.  The guy I use will do a minimum of ten bales, but some of the custom grind people will want to do at least 50 to 100 bales at a time.  Check around at the local paper ad's to find someone, or call some cattle feeder you might know, they all grind their hay for feed anymore.

Phil

  • Bale unrollers, HackettShark, 11/06/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • RE: Bale unrollers, Marie Kamphefner, 11/06/2002
    • RE: Bale unrollers, HackettShark, 11/06/2002