market-farming - Bale unrollers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: HackettShark AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu.(market Framing)
  • Subject: Bale unrollers
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 10:37:36 EST

Marie about any of these companies that make big round baler also make unrollers.  New Holland has a really nice one we had one when we still raised livestock.  Really works good to lay mulch because you can drive very slow and really pile the hay as deep as you want.  It really works good for bedding down large loafing building for livestock, that is what we used it for.  Straw in big bales is really hard to handle but with one of these unrollers it is about a 20min task.  Keep your eye on the farm sales in the cow calf country and you can usually pick up one well worth the money.  We grind all of our hay and rye grass hay anymore and use an old feed wagon to put it on the rows, just grind in an
old machine shed and use the tractor loader to fill feed wagon and go spread on garden rows as deep as we want.

Phil from Iowa