market-farming - Re: Woolly bears

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "John M. Moser" <joma AT direcpc.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Woolly bears
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 19:07:41 -0400

Here is what claims to be the definitive site http://www.woollyworm.com/

John Moser
Fleetwood, NC
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 9:35 AM
Subject: [market-farming] Re: Woolly bears

My understanding of how it goes is the length of the orange tells you if it will be a long or short winter. Short or narrow strip of brown is a short winter and a long or wide strip of brown is a long winter. The guys around here are actually thicker in the brown than they are in the black rows. They only have the black brown black to my knowledge.

I think the Farmers Almanac is also calling for a long winter and deep snow. What I keep hearing from the old farmers is long, mild and lots of snow like a couple of years ago.