market-farming - Boots and athlete's foot

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: pam AT twinoaks.org
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Boots and athlete's foot
  • Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 19:23:13 +0100

Has anyone on the list tried Blundstone boots? They are from
Australia, waterproof leather, very reasonable price, available inthe
US. Or so I read, I haven't yet tried them myself.The website is
<www.blundstone.com.au>
About athlete's foot, I have some success at controlling it with
a homemade cream of olive oil and beeswax. I think petroleum jelly
might work too. The rationale is to keep the air off the skin, as the
fungus needs air and dampness to grow. And it's hard to keep
dampness away, as we know. I've heard of people putting their
feet in plastic bags too. Who knows? I'd try the polypro sockliners
first, but if they don't work for you,maybe you want to try these
ideas?
Pam Dawling, Twin Oaks, Louisa, VA