market-farming - Re: time savers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Ken Bezilla" <kenbez AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: time savers
  • Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 01:04:20 +0000

Re: planting hot peppers and sweet peppers next to one another... I've done this for 10 years now, and I've never had the problem of the hot peppers causing the sweet peppers to become hot.

From what I've heard the problem happens when sweet peppers become hot if they don't get enough water. (Alternate explanation I've heard: if you harvest the hot peppers first, and then go to harvest the sweet peppers, you might spread some "heat" on the sweet peppers that way...)

Ken Bezilla
East Wind Community
southern Missouri

The dumbest thing I did that year was plant all the peppers... sweet or
hot... in the pepper room. Well, I got some incredibly hot peppers that
aren't normally supposed to be that way because the peppers... well you know
how promiscuous they are... yes, it was a hot time in the pepper room by the
end of the season.

It was the last year I planted in 'rooms' and I segregated the peppers after
that.

Get a speedy connection with MSN Broadband.  Join now! http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/freeactivation.asp

  • time savers, Liz Pike, 10/19/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: time savers, Del Williams, 10/19/2002
    • Re: time savers, Ken Bezilla, 10/19/2002