market-farming - RE: Organic cost pre and post NOP

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sunnfarm AT netscape.net
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu ("Market Farming")
  • Subject: RE: Organic cost pre and post NOP
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 20:41:33 -0400

You organic folks asked for these regulations and when they were not tough
enough you petitioned for tougher regs. Now some folks are complaining the
regs are too tough. Well you got what you asked for. There is nothing the US
government does better than invent regulations, but every new regulation
chips away at our freedoms.

I dont think any member of this list need be certified, you gray haired folks
might remember something called the golden rule. Rule 1 was; "honesty is the
best policy", if you tell me you grew it organically then I have no reason to
not believe you. Unless your a creep of course.

For some of you who bitch and moan about the corperatizing of the term
organic, where were you when this whole certification process began?, why did
you sit back and allow your most precious asset, your "organic", be taken
away. Wasn't there 200000 last minute petitions calling for the banning of
GMO's from organics? well why wasn't there 200000 petitions keeping the term
organics in the hands of small farmers?...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

http://webmail.netscape.com/