market-farming - Re: Energy coops

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Del Williams" <delannw AT dlogue.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Energy coops
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 12:25:43 -0500

Yeah, I could sell back power I generate... that's why I talked to EIEC
originally to see what it would cost to change the meter or what that would
entail.

Wind power would be too expensive to generate even though we certainly get
enough wind and at high enough speeds to generate most of the year ... well,
it would take a long time to realize the payback on the equipment
investment. Solar could work here and the costs would be recovered fairly
quickly.

I have some friends with a straw bale house who are totally solar. With
only two collectors.

The electric cooperative didn't want to even discuss it. Oh, well, they
like to push their geothermal system but that won't work here. I have too
many trees close to the house that would be destroyed in such an
installation... and it ain't cheap either.

I'm just enough of a rebel to say, screw it. Invest the money just to stick
their electric cooperative up their uncooperative butts. They piss me off.

Del Williams
Clifton IL
delannw AT dlogue.net