market-farming - Re: Energy coops

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Del Williams" <delannw AT dlogue.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Energy coops
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 08:43:50 -0500

Dorene,

No, I'm on Eastern Illini Electric Cooperative. We have the highest
electricity rates around. Personally, I was very disappointed in the way I
was treated when I asked them to remove my Ex husband's name from the bill.
Both of our names always appeared on the bill. What they did was promptly
add another $200 deposit charge to my bill... treating me as though I were a
new member. I discussed this with them and told them it was absurd that an
8 year member of the cooperative was being told to do this. I refused to
pay and they promptly came out and turned off my electricity.

Nice way to treat a member, eh?

I'd love to get off their damn grid.

Several years ago I was looking at solar and wind power here. They told me
alternative energy just doesn't work in Illinois. Well, excuse me, we have
an entire town in my area that is completely off the grid.

Nope, don't care for my electric coop.

Del Williams
Clifton, IL
delannw AT dlogue.net