market-farming - Re: time has come

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <liz AT laughingbrookfarm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: time has come
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 05:44:53 -0400

> Liz first I must saw wow, you are going to have a lot of land in
> cultivation. So what are your planned markets. And isn't is fun to feel
> rarin' to go. We are just about closed up for the season and it was a
good
> year but I am glad for a couple months to regroup :). Beth

Planned markets: 2 restaurants, 3 florists, and an on farm stand.

The farmer's markets have too many drawbacks. One is great,
physically--lots of room, beautiful buildings, but located on an interstate,
far from residential areas. Though it attracts alot of traffic, it's a road
stop for travelers. A couple of others are small, better located, but
full. Which leaves me with the one in Mt Airy (Mayberry), another tourist
destination. I try to tell these town fathers that tourists don't cook, but
they don't believe it ; )).

Liz Pike
Laughing Brook Farm
Westfield NC

  • time has come, Hook Family, 10/14/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: time has come, Liz Pike, 10/15/2002