market-farming - RE: Tillers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <bob AT akasha.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Tillers
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 20:59:04 -0500

Thanks for the clarification. I was sore just thinking of that much tillage.
I did read somewhere that 5 acres was what a man and a good mule could plow
if the team started at sun up and stopped at dusk. It is still much easier
to hop on a small tractor and judging the prices of some 2 wheel tractors I
think you can get an old 4 wheel farm tractor for the same and maybe less.
With so many farms still biting the dirt there is a lot of farm equipment
and tractors available it you have the time to travel and look. I missed
buying 4 Massey m4s for $600 each two weeks ago because I did not respond
fast enough. Seems when they get fed up the sell quick.
Bob Crowder