market-farming - RE: Double Dipping- by Martha Stevens, Hatfield,Missouri

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rick Williams" <mrfarm AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Double Dipping- by Martha Stevens, Hatfield,Missouri
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 17:22:05 -0500

Jay Gee wrote:
> I'm not sure of the pause for concern, but I do think when there
> are conflicts in studies that are scientifically valid and well
> constructed, the answer is more research in the same vein.
>
> One does not solve a problem by ceasing to study it.

And there are more studies that are on-going. No one suggested that the
problem no longer be studied. In fact, as with many studies that have too
small an "n", we find that the only way to get meaningful data is by doing a
meta-analysis.

This is how things are currently being done by WHO with the many year
on-going study of cell phone radiation and health effects. At least we are
getting a much better handle on that issue.

Sincerely,

Rick Williams