market-farming - RE: Double Dipping- by Martha Stevens, Hatfield,Missouri

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jwf267 AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: RE: Double Dipping- by Martha Stevens, Hatfield,Missouri
  • Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 18:52:26 EDT

Regarding the Atkins diet,  I personally know 2 people who have had serious heart attacks after being on the diet for a few months.  Also, ketosis is what I understood to be the basis of the weight loss.

The third point is that an over-intake of protein is one of the possible causes of osteoporosis.

What I have read is that the type of carbohydrate that a person eats determines its effects-the more rapidly digested the carbohydrate, the harder on the body.  Beans, sweet potatoes, lentils and oatmeal are great, but refined flour (white or whole wheat), white potatoes, and quick rice are quite hard on the human system.