market-farming - Re: Small farms and processing issues

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <liz AT laughingbrookfarm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Small farms and processing issues
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 08:04:32 -0400

> You really are attacking the large farms aren't you? You despise the
> successful folks who want to have some decent quality of life and have
> expanded their farm beyond the family?

Rick, lest you forget, this is a list for market farmers, which means, for
the most part, we're SMALL farmers (small acreage, small output, small
sales, etc as compared to larger farms). If some resentment towards larger
farms shows up, it isn't sour grapes, just frustration. For whatever
Robert's views, he's pointed out issues that concern us SMALL farmers, as we
attempt to wedge ourselves into a piece of the market out there.

Please don't take umbrage with our attitudes for trying to figure how to
have a "decent quality of life" and be "successful", just like larger
farmers.

Liz Pike
Laughing Brook Farm
Westfield NC

Where calling "Here kitty, kitty!" brings the stallion, Doberman and rooster
all arunnin' !