market-farming - Re: "organic roundup" more like Paraquat

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sunnfarm AT netscape.net
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu ("Market Farming")
  • Subject: Re: "organic roundup" more like Paraquat
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 16:37:55 -0400

I don't farm organic anymore but I have used Scythe for three years,
originally in the greenhouse, its one of the only herbicides safe to use in a
greenhouse during the growing season.In the field I find it useful as a spot
spray herbicide under staked tomatoes and between plastic mulched rows, drift
will spot the leaf where it touches but won't kill a plant unless its
throughly applied to all leaf surfaces. Scythe will kill very small seedling
weeds but only burn back older weeds. Scythe is very similar to Paraquat as
to the way it works except alot safer to handle...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

>-I am a new arrival to the Market Farming list serve, but I thought I'd jump
>right in...regarding organic herbicides, is the product Scythe a certified
>organic herbicide? My understanding is that it is Pelargonic Acid? Is that
>considered an organic control.
>
>Regards,

http://webmail.netscape.com/

  • Re: "organic roundup" more like Paraquat, sunnfarm, 09/25/2002