market-farming - Re: curing time for garlic

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: curing time for garlic
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 07:58:50 -0400

Are the tops a function in the drying process or is it ok to cut the bulbs and put them on bread trays for drying? I'm doing this with some of my garlic (you can get more garlic on a tray if you cut the tops), setting the trays in the sun during the day and under awning cover from dew at night. I have to wonder, however, if the stock acts as a 'wick' and promotes better drying.

Anyone with experience in this?

Thanks