market-farming - RE: storing corn

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sunnfarm AT netscape.net
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu ("Market Farming")
  • Subject: RE: storing corn
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 11:50:39 -0400

Don't even think about storing corn unless you want to ruin your business.
People who support a csa expect farm fresh picked produce, if they want day
old corn they can go to the supermarket. I pick corn daily and donot sell
corn more than 12 hours old, I try to pick every 6 hours. Sorry about your
insect problems its very hard to grow corn without spraying, I have been
using least toxic sprays for years and they work well.
If you must store corn, it will keep for two weeks in cold storage if you
keep it soaked with water twice a day, but only cows will eat it...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience
the convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape!
http://shopnow.netscape.com/

http://webmail.netscape.com/