market-farming - Re: organic certification

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: M McGuire <Michael.McGuire AT uvi.edu>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: organic certification
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 15:24:06 -0700

But that is not to say that we're feeling so great about the whole
certification thing. We understand from our certifier that we cannot
use compost tea after October if the present regs stand. --Ridiculous!

Liquid kelp extract works about as well as compost tea and many brands are omni listed; fish emulsion or nettle tea are other fine alternatives. Humates and molasses can also be added, as well as a source of calcium if it is not abundant in your soil.

  • Re: organic certification, Miranda Smith, 07/18/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: organic certification, M McGuire, 07/18/2002