market-farming - Certification record-keeping

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "gutierrez-lagatta" <gutierrez-lagatta AT charter.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Certification record-keeping
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 16:18:04 -0500

Chris,
Marcie Rosenzweig has a great set of templates to document this. Well
worth the investment as it gives you a host of other valuable
management and afarm accounting tools.
> We are going to be inspected tomorrow. They are asking for records
...Short of carrying a lap top in the field I can see no way a small
truck farm can comply with these requirements. It would
> take a non productive employee full time just to manage record
keeping
> for this system.
Marcie, can you chime in and tell everybody about your templates and
how to obtain them?

Allison,
What in the world does this have to do with organic practices and
who's business is it who your customers are and what your revenue
is??? Incredible! I would consider these things proprietary
information which, if they fell in the wrong hands could be used
against you by a competitor to steal your business.
> form also included sales information to be kept.
--who we sold it to and
---how much we sold it for.

Adriana