market-farming - Re: Containing Raspberries...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mckemie AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Containing Raspberries...
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 14:27:13 -0500

On Sun, Jun 09, 2002 at 03:41:11PM -0400, Adam Hainer wrote:
> FIve gallon buckets sound like a good idea for a couple small plots but I'm
> looking for advice on some 70 or 100 ft. rows of them. What do berry growers
> do? Just deal with the invasiveness and do a whole hella of alot of work
> keeping them in line?

It sounds like your northern raspberries might be a lot more invasive
than our southern blackberries. The blackberries like to spread from
root sprouts, but we just mow and disk between our 10' spaced rows.
Occasionally, PYO customers like to dig the sprouts to take home.

--
Willie
Are YOU an html abuser? http://www.expita.com/nomime.html