market-farming - Re: Bt

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: pam AT twinoaks.org
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Bt
  • Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 21:59:10 +0100

> An organic grower told me today that there is no longer a for of Bt
> that can be approved for certified use because all bt avail. now is
> GE.
As others said, there's a form of Bt that is GM - it's made for potato
beetles. There's also non-GM Bt for potatos beetles, I think the
brand is Novodor. Mostly it's available in large quantities, but
enough demand will get smaller packages.
As far as I've seen, the Bt for cabbage worms etc is not GM at
all (eg Dipel).
Pam (Dawling), Louisa, VA
> Is this true? Is there a workaround if it is true?
>
> Thanks
>
> -Allan
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to as: pam AT twinoaks.org
> leave-market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu

  • Bt, Allan Balliett, 05/21/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Bt, Bill Shoemaker, 05/21/2002
    • Re: Bt, M McGuire, 05/22/2002