market-farming - Re: Bt

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Bill Shoemaker" <wshoemak AT inil.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Bt
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 15:39:44 -0500

I don't believe it is true. There is no need to genetically engineer Bt
spores as a spray on material. Why would someone spend money to genetically
engineer something that is easier and cheaper to produce naturally? It
should be widely available. The only genetically engineered Bt products you
can buy are plants or seeds, not a spray-on materials.

>Did I sleep through something?
>An organic grower told me today that there is no longer a for of Bt
>that can be approved for certified use because all bt avail. now is
>GE. Is this true? Is there a workaround if it is true?
>
>Thanks
>-Allan

  • Bt, Allan Balliett, 05/21/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>