market-farming - Re:GM Bt

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "wiediger" <wiediger AT msn.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re:GM Bt
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 18:51:54 -0500

Actually, there is a genetically enhanced form of BT kurstaki - for spraying
on plants. I believe I have seen it in the Gardens Alive catalog as MVP II.
It persists longer on the plant leaf - more resistant to UV degradation.
So, you can still buy non GM BT, but you will have to be careful and not get
the wrong product.

Paul and Alison Wiediger
Au Naturel Farm
http://aunaturelfarm.homestead.com