market-farming - Re: Wild Turkeys

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leigh <lh AT pressroom.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Wild Turkeys
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 20:45:05 -0400

Title: Re: [market-farming] Wild Turkeys
Ditto on the dogs.  We have plenty of wild turkeys around but none in the fields were the dog roams.

 About turkey's and electric fencing.  I wonder if it works?  The Premiere people say not to use their electric bird netting for turkeys.  I always assumed it was because  they were, well, domestic turkeys.  But maybe its really because their feathers don't transmit the shock very well.