market-farming - Wild Turkeys

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "somersfarm" <somersfarm AT kingcon.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Wild Turkeys
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 19:48:05 -0400

Hi
Does anyone out there have a good cure for keeping Wild Turkeys out of the gardens.  We have between 25-30 Wild Turkeys who live in the woods at the end of our pastures.  They are walking all through the gardens.  There is not a lot of things up yet but there will be shortly and I am a bit nervous as to what they will eat besides bugs.

I have thought of two strands of electric fence, or possibly some of those scare eye balloons.  What do you all think would work best.

Thanks
Kathy
Somers Family Farm