market-farming - Re: manure

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Peg Cook" <pegcook AT northnet.org>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: manure
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 23:31:10 -0500

Joan,
It sounds like you have a good plan developed. One more thing you may want
to consider is applying your rock powders like soft or black rock phosphate
and/or greensand over top of one layer of compost when you apply it to your
beds and lightly incorporating it into the soil. This way nutrients from
the organic amendments would be available come the next growing season.

Peg Cook
Cook's Consulting
Lowville, NY.

pegcook AT northnet.org