market-farming - Re: manure

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Peg Cook" <pegcook AT northnet.org>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: manure
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 18:41:20 -0500

Joan,
18 tons of manure IS a lot of Manure!!! I'm not sure what the conversion
is, but, if you could take smaller amounts of manure and mix it with the old
hay, it would compost more quickly and you would have more control over what
type of "finished product" you would be able to use in your garden area.

Peg Cook
Cook's Consulting
Lowville, NY.

pegcook AT northnet.org