market-farming - Re: manure

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mckemie AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: manure
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 12:24:58 -0600

> p.s. does anyone know of a source for polymesh netting in a long string. I
> used to get it from Ronniger's and could get 100' for about $10. Now they
> have 25' for $5. I use it for bagging potatoes. I don't use a scale at
> market and have always prebagged my potatoes, usually in plastic bags but
> discovered that customers prefer the netting because they can see the
> potatoes better - plus I think its a familiar bag.

I started using mesh bags this past season and have been very pleased
with them. I agree with you on visibility. I've used them on
potatoes, tomatoes, onions, orka, and probably some other products that
have escaped my memory. I have gotten some from Polynet in Mass
(Polynetinc AT aol.com), but have not been real happy with the guy.
Mention of other sources welcome. Cummer-Graham in San Antonio (210
227-0711) is a retailer of small quantites and they will ship. These
mesh bags are sometimes referred to as "ham bags".

--
Willie Onward! Through the Fog! http://austinfarm.org/homegrown
Are YOU an html abuser? http://www.expita.com/nomime.html