market-farming - Re: Soap-making, Bean harvest

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mmneedham AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Soap-making, Bean harvest
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 12:58:51 EST

In a message dated 01/21/2002 10:38:18 AM Eastern Standard Time, joan AT windwalker-farm.com writes:

I still have popcorn cans full of uncleaned beans from
about '95.  We always figured there would be a time (ha!) when we'd sit and
clean them - so far it hasn't happened.

I read recently that dried beans are best if used within a year of harvesting and if a store doesn't have a good turnover of dried beans, it's better to buy them canned than dry...

Marj