market-farming - Farmers market newbie/herbs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Hook Family" <guldann AT ix.netcom.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Farmers market newbie/herbs
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 08:45:41 -0500

Adriana and list, Thanks for the suggestion. I think this could be good in
the early summer when other harvests are lean. I ordered quite a few basils
this year, cinnamon, lemon etc. I dug up my lemon grass so didn't order any
more seeds maybe I should that would look good in a pot. My husband said
what about veg. seedlings and while I will think about it, late June is a
little late for the customer to be planting. Maybe a med. size tomato or
pepper etc plant would be ok for them to transplant. I suppose some flowers
would grow ok planted at that date?

I yanked out my harvest diary (best thing I have ever done) and it made me
remember I will have rhubarb, now I suppose my competition might as well but
at least it will fill up my table :). And I will tie it with raffia :). I
think an investment in raffia could go a long way in appeal or warm and
fuzzy farminess or etc. :).
Thanks for the suggestions keep 'em coming. Thanks Beth