market-farming - Re: Tillers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Tillers
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 07:54:12 -0500

Dave, I believe Organic Gardening Magazine (RIP) did a review of
tillers a couple of years ago. If you don't have access to it I can
try to dig it up for you.

Adriana

Don't want to be a wet blanket, but OG reviews were notorious for being driven by advertising dollars. Even at the experimental farm they tried to push those Mantis tillers on the crowd. I pushed back, asking, in my Pennsylvania Dutch way "Isn't that really just a toy?" to which the garden guide, laughed and said 'Yes, that's what it is, but I'm asked to show it to you."

Incidentally, can someone bring me up to speed on Rodale publishing? At the newstand the other day both "Organic Gardening" and "OG" were there, side by side. What is going on?

-Allan